Lancing Postcards

Community
Index > Community Services
Back to content list
  • South Street
  • South Street

  • Culver Road
  • North Road


Next >>


 Parish Hall
Parish Hall
South Street

Opened in 1976

Originally built as Lancing Fire Station in 1925 it was housed in the tall part of the building. Fire services moved to Churchill Industrial Estate in 1969. Extension was added later. 
JM Carr plaque
Plaque commemorates erection of Parish Hall in 1915 on land presented to Parish of Lancing by J.M.Carr-Lloyd Esq,.J.P.
Now occupied by Citizens Advice Offices

Parish Hall CAB
Parish Hall, Citizens Advice and Council Offices

https://lancingparishcouncil.gov.uk/
Pond Row Surgery
New Pond Row Surgery
South Street
built c.1987
1." The design is unusual, being octagonal and featuring a central pillar around which the rooms are arranged, and a glass roof." -NHS Website
Built on site of village pond., constructed on a 3mtre deep concrete raft.
Health Centre
Health Centre
Culver Road
Opened mid '70's

Health centre and library
Health Centre & Library
Culver Road

Post Office
Main Post Office
North Road
14.10.2004


police station
Police Station
North Road
21.11.2004
Originally built as  police homes with a small office in about 1939. In the back garden was a lock-up and  a dog kennel





ęcopyright RayHamblett 2004
Permission granted to reproduce for personal and educational use only. Commercial copying is prohibited.